Monday, February 5, 2007

Love's Evening

This is going to be the blog where I right down all my random thoughts and possibly post a few of my pictures that I draw and such. So I guess I will start off with this past weekend's crazy (or intuitive thoughts).

My sister was driving me back home from watching "Epic Movie," (which is a terrible movie to see, but fun to talk about later). I noticed the evening star hovering over the sunset and was thinking about all the implications of this heavenly body. My sister asked, "Is that Venus?"

"Yeah that's Venus," I said. "I was just thinking about that very thing. I was also thinking how Venus is the goddess of Love. The planet is called the evening star when it is visible (as most clear evenings) just after the sun sets. It is also called the morning star, which is the brightest object in the sky just before the sun rises in the morning."

I continued to tell her my thoughts, which may be more complete here than they were at that moment. I had just a few weeks back gotten out of a relationship and I was pondering how the evening star is like love itself. It looks like the sun may be setting and love soon to disappear. Indeed the sky gets to the point where love (Venus) isn't visible in the night sky. The breeze is cold and all the other stars are shining bright and I wonder if the one I love, the one that I long for is looking at the stars at the same time I am and wondering the same thing. She may be someone with whom I am acquainted or may be someone I don't know at all, but I still wonder. Then I realize that even though I can't see it, love is still there, just visible on the other side of the world. But love will soon come again, heralding the end of the cold night and the beginning of a bright warm and new day. So hold on, even though you can't see it, love is coming. Don't lose hope, the one that was made just for you will appear at the proper time. Wait for it and never lose hope!

No comments: